We want to make it as easy and as convenient as possible for you to pay, which is why we have a range of payment methods to match different needs. We hope one of them will suit you.
You can make a payment using a credit or debit card using our online payment service. Online services are ...
- Easy and convenient; all you need is your account number and credit or debit card details to make a payment.
- Simple to use, making it easier to manage your account.
- Efficient and secure, operated by a leading payment provider.
- Available on our online payments page
By DWP Direct Payments
Where applicable payments can be made directly from your state benefits.
DWP Direct Payments can be arranged if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Jobseekers allowance.
- Income support.
- Employment support allowance.
- Pension credit.
- Universal Credit
If you would like to arrange for DWP Direct Payments please complete and return the DWP Application form to our offices at 3 Lancaster Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8LW.
By Direct Debit
Direct debit is:
- Budgeting made easy and instalment planning at its simplest.
- Simple to operate. We will arrange for your payment to be collected from your bank or building society account.
- Efficient, safe, secure and reliable – no worries about forgetting to pay on time and the service is backed up by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
- Easy to set up, simply call us on 01429 858 030 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. Alternatively print off the application form, complete and post to us at Hartlepool Water, 3 Lancaster Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8LW.
At any Payzone outlet
You can pay using cash or debit card (at the discretion of the shopkeeper) at around 47 Payzone outlets in shops and convenience stores across the Hartlepool area. Payments are free of charge though you will need a payment card to make a payment at a Payzone outlet. If you would like to order a payment card then simply call us on 01429 858 030 or send an email to email@example.com.
At banks or at the Post Office
You can pay by cash or cheque:
- At most banks using the payment slip on your bill. Payments can be made free at your own bank or branches of Barclays Bank within our area, but some other banks may charge for this service.
- At the Post Office. There will be a charge for using this service.
At our cash office
You can also pay all or part of your bill at our offices on Lancaster Road, Hartlepool. The cash office is open between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm, Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays. There is ample free car parking available on our site and a bus service operates locally.
If you would like to be make a payment by post:
- Please complete the payment slip on your bill or in your payment book and send it with your payment to
Hartlepool Water, 3 Lancaster Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8LW
- Make cheques and postal orders payable to Hartlepool Water.
- Write your customer number (shown on the front of your bill) on the back of the cheque or postal order.
- Please do not send post-dated cheques as they will be processed upon receipt and you may incur bank charges as a result.
- Please do not send cash.
Please note: Receipts will not be issued for cheque payments unless requested.
Instalment plans can help you split your bill into smaller and more manageable amounts in either weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments. Please let us know which suits you best and we will send you a payment plan and agree with you the amount you will need to pay each time. You have the option to pay the instalments by any means detailed above.
If you wish to apply for an instalment plan call us on 01429 858 030 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
By debit or credit card
You can pay your water bill by debit or credit card in the following ways:
- visit our offices at 3 Lancaster Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8LW
- call us on 01429 858 030 to use our automated telephone system which is available all day every day. You will need to have your eight digit account number (located top right hand corner of your bill), and card details ready.
- pay online using our secure online payment service..
These methods offer a secure and convenient way of paying and are proving an increasingly popular method of payment for customers.
Online or telephone banking
If your bank offers this service, you can pay direct into the Hartlepool Water bank account quoting your customer reference number. Please allow seven working days for processing. Our bank details are as follows:
- Hartlepool Water’s account number 90964247
- Our sort code 20-43-63
If you would like any further information about any of the above ways to pay please contact us.